Sunday 27 February 2011

I'm alive


I'm alive. I expect most of you knew that really, but I haven't posted for ages.

We spent some time in the garden this afternoon because the sun actually decided to shine at last. Denise dug another piece of the garden over to use for vegetables while I built our new chicken coop(Pictures attached). Yes we've decided to get some chickens, we're becoming more like Tom & Barbara every day. As well as hopefully getting lots of eggs I'm told that their droppings are good for the garden.

We're going to order our seeds, onion sets and potatoes tonight so we'll be able to put them in in much better time this year. Having said that I'm due for a hernia operation next Saturday so hopefully that won't interfere too much. I've been postponed twice already hopefully it will go ahead this time.

We already planted some garlic. The instructions suggested not planting in waterlogged soil so we planted them appropriately but it rained for about five days solid after that. Maybe they'll be OK. Looking forward to our first asparagus spears this year, it was difficult watching them grow and going to seed last year, but that's what we have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment