Sunday 20 March 2011

Chicken Supreme

It's been an interesting two or three weeks. I've been into hospital and had my hernia repair and am on the road to recovery. Unfortunately I can't lift much for the time being which leads to some odd looks in shops when Denise is humping the heavy stuff around.
The garlic we planted is coming on well. I was a bit worried the sharp frost in the middle of last week would kill off the shoots but they seem to have taken it in their stride. We planted the raspberry canes yesterday but today saw the arrival of Florence, Cindy and Mary. we collected them from the 'Little Hen Rescue Centre' near Norwich and by the time we were home Cindy had laid an egg. They seem to be settling in well despite Florence managing to escape during transfer to her new house and spending an hour wandering around the garden. Why she would want to avoid such expensive luxury accommodation is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment